Counseling And Psychological Services (CAPS)
Confidential services available at no additional cost to Saint Mary’s graduate and full-time undergraduate students
The therapists at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) can help you explore different ways to deal with life's transitions and assist you with more serious concerns—all in a confidential, culturally sensitive, supportive environment. Counseling can help you develop more fulfilling relationships, succeed academically, and feel a greater connection to the SMC community.
How to Get Help
Note: CAPS will be closed 7/26, 7/27, and 7/28.
In an Emergency
If this is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Call us at (925) 631-4364
If you are NOT having a life-threatening emergency but one of the following applies, please call us to schedule an appointment today:
- You’ve had thoughts of suicide or attempted suicide within the last two weeks
- You were discharged from a psychiatric facility within the last month
- You’ve had thoughts of harming someone in the last two weeks
- You were sexually assaulted in the last two weeks
- Someone is currently threatening your life
- Call us at (925) 631-4364
- Email email@example.com
- Schedule Online using the "Schedule an Appointment" tab above. (Online scheduling is not available during the summer.)
If one of the following applies, you can schedule online, by phone, or email:
Anxiety, depression, stress, racial trauma, self-injury (without the intent of ending your life), problems with alcohol or drugs, adjustment difficulties, eating or body image concerns, issues with self-esteem, academic distress, relationship concerns, struggles with making life decisions, or past trauma.